Creating curricular contentware is a sophisticated and expensive endeavor. This tool is based on the notion that a country finds it necessary to develop ICT-enhanced curricular materials after applying the following Tools in Toolbox 4- Contentware
The purpose of this Tool is guide users who decide to create contentware. Contentware includes:
- Audio/radio programs
- Video/TV programs
- Computer-related and web-related multimedia programs
The Tool provides a guidelines for the design, development and testing of these content materials, what technologies to use and what modalities of development to pursue. These guidelines focus on the following processes:
- Selection and training of instructional design and production teams
- Provision of necessary facilities
- Delineation of scope of work
- Detailed design of objects/modules with blueprint and scenarios, including choice of instructional technologies
- Construction of objects/modules
- Testing and revision of objects/modules
Most of this Tool (Elements 5-9) will be implemented by the Development Teams defined in Element 3.
These Teams should be authorized to access the Tool and apply it.