The purpose of this tool is to assist policy makers and planners in:
- Identification of software intended to be used to author and/or manage web-based or CD-based courses
- Evaluation the suitability of identified software in meeting purposes intended of them.
There is a large number of existing authorware and Course or Learning Management Systems (LMSs) throughout the world. The challenge is to find the potentially appropriate ones and evaluate their suitability for the ICT-enhanced Project to be implemented, and in accordance with the boundary conditions stated above.
To assist educational authorities in facing this challenge, this tool offers two functions:
- It provides an annotated list of representative guides to existing authorware and LMSs.
- It offers an instrument that can be easily used for expert evaluation of authorware and LMSs in terms of their suitability, functionality and user-friendliness.
The Tool, consequently, proposes a process to select the most suitable system.
This Tool is to be used only under the following conditions:
- A decision has been made to create a large amount of contentware required for meeting the ICT Project objectives - as identified in Tool 4.1.
- The created contentware is predominantly browser based (web, CD or proxy server)
- The development and dissemination of the contentware is centrally managed
The Facilitation Team will need the assistance of specialists in this area in applying this Tool.
The most efficient way to authorize the experts to access the Tool and apply it as necessary.