This section of the toolkit assists the Team in evaluating the implications of each scenario in terms of
- Equity Enhancement - The extent to which the scenario enhances equity in educational opportunities and quality of learning
The Team will use its judgment to assess the implications of each scenario by drawing on information compiled in the Reference Handbook and on the files from Toolkit 2.1, Section 2.
- Implementability - How implementable the scenario is in light of prevailing contextual conditions, educational environment and readiness for change. Can the scenario overcome the bottlenecks and obstacles identified in Tool 2.1 Section 2? (listed below)
- Affordability - The fiscal, institutional and human costs and whether they can be provided for. You may use the spreadsheet Scenario Cost to calculate the capital/development and recurrent costs of scenarios as well as unit costs, to esatblish affordability of a scenario.
- Sustainability - Whether the scenario can be sustained financially, institutionally and politically over a sufficient period of time to reach fruition.
- Appropriate Usage - The degree to which the scenario is consistent with educational purposes and current practices (See Tool 1.2 Section 4, Teaching/Learning Environment or Profile of the Teaching/Learning Environment
Priority Items for ICT Interventions
Enhancing quality of learning
Expanding educational opportunities
Improving policy planning and management
The Team summarizes its deliberations, analyses and conclusions by completing the assessment questionnaire for each scenario.
To assess a scenario, click on the scenario title in the List below. Once a scenario is assessed, the assessment report is saved in the system and a chart profile is added to the scenario description.