To map the Educational Context you will need information regarding the following subjects:
- Educational ladder
- Educational Pyramid
- Enrollment rates
- External exams
- Degree of co-education
- Classroom organization
- National educational goals and plans by educational objective
- The teaching/learning environment at the primary and secondary levels
- Responsibility for the teaching/learning process
- Focus of the teaching/learning process
- Teaching practice
- Learning practice
- Learning assessment
- Resources available to education
More detailed information is provided in each of the next sections.
There are three complementary ways to collect the necessary information:
Collect documentation that contains the relevant information.
- Examples of primary documents are: legislation, national plans, economic reports and studies
- Examples of secondary documents are: development program documents prepared for international agencies, reports of the U.N. and its agencies, and statistics reports.
- Examples of web sites:
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- UNDP Human Development Reports
- World Bank Data and Statistics
Seek input from specialists – individuals or institutions - in respective subjects . You may download any of the forms provided in the next sections and send it to the specialist requesting that it be completed and sent back to you.
Provide Questionnaire to specialists – individuals or institutions - in respective subjects/regions via the Toolkit.
It is advisable to maintain a "bookshelf" of relevant documents for later reference. If any of the documents are in digital form, they may be uploaded and saved in the Team Bookshelf. Non-digital documents may be scanned and uploaded.