To map National Vision, Goals and Plans you will need information regarding the following subjects:
National Development Priorities
Macroeconomic situation, projected goals and plans
Present situation, goals and plans of sectors that are major contributors to national economic growth
Present situation and projected goals and plans of labor force and employment
Present situation and projected goals and plans regarding income distribution
Educational profile of the population
Gender related equity issues in terms of earned income per capita, unemployment ration, and educational attainment; projected goals and plans to redress inequities.
*More detailed information is provided in each of the next sections.
There are two complementary ways to collect the necessary information:
Collect documentation that contains the relevant information.
- Primary documents exampes: legislation, national plans, economic reports and studies
- Secondary documents examples: development program documents prepared for international agencies, reports of the U.N. and its agencies, and statistics reports.
- Web sites:
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- UNDP Human Development Reports
- World Bank Data and Statistics
Seek input from specialists – individuals or institutions - in respective subjects. You may download any of the forms provided in the next sections and send it to the specialist requesting that it be completed and sent back to you.
It is advisable to maintain a "bookshelf" of relevant documents for later reference. If any of the documents are in digital form, they may be uploaded and saved in the Team's Boookshelf . Non-digital documents may be scanned and uploaded.